Safe - Our quality
Research and development
Innovation made in Germany
Our Research and Development department in Haiger, Germany, has continuously raised the bar when it comes to enhancing technologies applied to cutting and grinding. Benefiting from highly-skilled experts among their ranks and leading-edge equipment in their labs and test benches, our R&D department is laying the foundation for high-performance tools that cannot be beat when it comes to quality and reliability.
Successful product launches and innovations
Our production facilities set themselves apart with their highly advanced machinery and their exceptionally well-trained personnel. We can guarantee the exquisite quality of our tools because we closely control every single step of production: from the procurement of the raw materials to manufacturing to delivery to the customer.
Example: Production of our latest-generation diamond tools
oSa® – the Centre of Excellence for the safety of abrasives
Klingspor is a founding member of the oSa®. The Organization for the Safety of Abrasives s a voluntary association of abrasive manufacturers. All members commit to adhering to all European safety standards applicable to abrasive tools and to promote and enforce stricter production and testing regulations. As an expression of their voluntary commitment, the oSa® awards a quality seal that is protected world-wide. To the user and the dealer, this translates to increased safety during use and a lower liability risk, respectively.
The 7 criteria that guarantee oSa® safety
- Voluntary commitment of the manufacturer
- Testing facilities and expertise under the manufacturer's roof
- Certified quality management including documented processes
- Independent product tests
- Independent safety audits performed by external auditors
- Regular production monitoring and control
- Safety as products can be traced back all the way to the manufacturer
Klingspor is an active member of the following trade associations:
- German Institute for Standardisation
- DGQ: Germany Society for Quality
- FGS: Grinding technology research foundation
- FEPA: Federation of the European Producers of Abrasives
- oSa: Organization for the Safety of Abrasives
- VDS - Federation of European Producers of Abrasives