Wet grinding describes a grinding process under addition of water, emulsion or oil.
The main tasks of wet grinding are:
- cooling and lubricating the processed surface
- cleaning (removal of the grinding chip)
- protecting the tool against corrosion
- increasing of the processing speed
- improving the surface finish
- protection of the abrasive tool / increase of the tool's service life
End users constantly look for ways to speed up the production process. Wet grinding allows the user to achieve much faster through-feed times as opposed to dry grinding. Klingspor offers water-proof grinding tools that are suitable for all sorts of wet grinding applications.
Back to Grinding terms and definitions